The Best Of All Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Of All Recipes

This Is Were You Will Find The Recipes You Were All Ways Looking For.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strawberry-Almond French Toast

Go down 
AuthorMessage
North Star
Admin
North Star

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Strawberry-Almond French Toast Empty
PostSubject: Strawberry-Almond French Toast   Strawberry-Almond French Toast EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:59 am

Posted By Newfie2007.

Ingredients.

1/2 to a full stale baguette (or other stale loaf of bread) — ours was a half a 2-day old 1/2 to a full stale baguette (or other stale loaf of bread) —ours was a half a 2-day old French baguette.

2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup slivered almonds (or other nuts — I used walnuts as I had no almonds)
Maple Syrup

Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick pieces. When I know I am going to make French Toast, sometimes I even slice the bread when it’s fresh and then let it dry out already sliced.

Next, make your egg-milk mixture. If you use a whole loaf, you might want to add a bit more milk and perhaps even another egg. Add beaten eggs and milk together, along with the sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Whisk to a frothy incorporation.

Pour mixture into a baking dish or some sort of dish that can accommodate the bread slices. Speaking of which, add the bread slices and let soak for about five minutes on each side.

Heat a skillet and add the butter. Melt over medium heat. Add slices of your bread but don’t crowd the pan. The bread needs its space, man. Let your French toast cook on each side until golden and a nice crust forms — about 4-6 minutes per side.

2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup slivered almonds (or other nuts — I used walnuts as I had no almonds)
Maple Syrup

Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick pieces. When I know I am going to make French Toast, sometimes I even slice the bread when it’s fresh and then let it dry out already sliced.

Next, make your egg-milk mixture. If you use a whole loaf, you might want to add a bit more milk and perhaps even another egg. Add beaten eggs and milk together, along with the sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Whisk to a frothy incorporation.

Pour mixture into a baking dish or some sort of dish that can accommodate the bread slices. Speaking of which, add the bread slices and let soak for about five minutes on each side.

Heat a skillet and add the butter. Melt over medium heat. Add slices of your bread but don’t crowd the pan. The bread needs its space, man. Let your French toast cook on each side until golden and a nice crust forms — about 4-6 minutes per side.
Lay 3-4 slices out on each plate and serve with the berries, nuts and warm maple syrup.
Back to top Go down
https://thebestofallrecipes.forummotion.com

Strawberry-Almond French Toast
Page 1 of 1