The Best Of All Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Of All Recipes

This Is Were You Will Find The Recipes You Were All Ways Looking For.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Easy Build Smoker.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 1039
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Easy Build Smoker. Empty
PostSubject: Easy Build Smoker.   Easy Build Smoker. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 1:59 pm

By North Star

Buy a $25 hot plate and a $15 galvanized garbage can (the hot plate won't get anywhere near the temperature to start worrying about the galvanizing burning off). Cut a small hole in the bottom of the can, about the same size as the container you'll be using for the wood chips (I use an old cast iron pan). Also cut a series of small (2") slits through the lid. I went as far as getting some cheap grill grates from Wallyworld on clearance ($2 a pop). I then drilled holes through the can sides to put in metal rods that will either hold the grates or hold sausage links. Put the can up on a couple of bricks, plug in the hot plate, and put your chips in the pan. I get get the meat to an internal temperature of 160 degrees in about 5 hours if the temp is above 50 out side. If the temp is from 30 to 50 out side I "cold smoke" for 4 hours and finish everything in a 175 degree oven. this works really well and you would be surprised how much you can make on this at one time.

http://www.instructables.com/id/ED6RXKWQBGEV2ZDBLT/

Easy Build Smoker.
Page 1 of 1