The Best Of All Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Of All Recipes

This Is Were You Will Find The Recipes You Were All Ways Looking For.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mint Juleps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 1039
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Mint Juleps Empty
PostSubject: Mint Juleps   Mint Juleps EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:49 pm

By North Star

Mint Juleps
(4 servings)

1 bunch fresh mint
4 teaspoons superfine sugar
4 teaspoons water
8 ounces (1 cup) Tennessee whisky

1. Reserve four big sprigs of mint for garnish. Fill three ice cube trays with the remaining mint leaves (two leaves per campartment). Top leaves with water and freeze.

2. In each of four 10-ounce highball glasses, put 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon
water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Crush the mint ice by putting it inside a clean kitchen towel and pounding with a hammer. Divide the ice among the glasses. Pour 2 ounces of whiskey into each glass. Stir and serve garnished with the reserve mint sprigs.

The mint ice is key in this recipe. It infuses the mint flavor in the ice while making it extra refreshing. I used brown sugar because I love the flavor but white works well and is a little easier in dissolving than the brown. If you like sweeter drinks, add a bit more sugar, but if you prefer less of the sweetness, as I do, use about ½ teaspoon of sugar per glass. This is a delicious pre-dinner cocktail or a post-feast drink.

The second recipe that caught my eye and made my mouth water is a twist on the classic margarita. Straight from Austin, Texas, these “Texas Margaritas” are from The County Line restaurant. While the drink still has the most important marg ingredient, it adds some others for a bit of a kick.
Back to top Go down

Mint Juleps
Page 1 of 1