The Best Of All Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Of All Recipes

This Is Were You Will Find The Recipes You Were All Ways Looking For.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smothered Liver I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Admin
North Star

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Smothered Liver I Empty
PostSubject: Smothered Liver I   Smothered Liver I EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am

One Of My Most Favorite Foods To Eat.

Ingredients.

1 pound beef liver
6 slices bacon, cut in halves
6 large onions, sliced thin
Extra bacon grease or other oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup hot water

Fry bacon until crisp. Set aside.

Fry onion slices in bacon drippings on medium heat until tender, separating slices into rings as they cook. Prepare liver for cooking by making a few cuts in each slice perpendicular to edge to keep from curling. Trim membrane from edges.

When onions are cooked, push to one side of skillet and turn heat to medium high. Pan broil each slice of liver for 2 minutes on each side. Add more bacon grease or oil if needed to keep liver from sticking. Salt and pepper liver to taste and, after all slices have been browned on both sides, smother with onions. Put bacon curls on top. Add hot water and cook covered for 1 minute. Remove cover carefully because there will be steam.
Back to top Go down
https://thebestofallrecipes.forummotion.com
DeejayDebi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Smothered Liver I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smothered Liver I   Smothered Liver I EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

One thing I like to do is get the grease melted then throw in a layer of mushroom, onion and pepper slices then the liver on top then another layer of the veggies on top of the liver. Put a cover on it just opened a little to one side and cook on medium low flame. It kind of steams the liver and the flavors of the veggies meld with the liver making it slightly milder for the one that don't appreciate the flavor like we do!

Just before serving I pluck out the liver and slice it into strips or cubes and mix all the meat and veggies together and serve as one.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Admin
North Star

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Smothered Liver I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smothered Liver I   Smothered Liver I EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 am

Oh man Debi liver is one of my most favorite dishes also, i do it that same way just without the water and the bacon, however i do fry the bacon in bacon grease though yummy liver and onions lolol thanks for sharing Debi.
Back to top Go down
https://thebestofallrecipes.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

Smothered Liver I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smothered Liver I   Smothered Liver I Empty

Back to top Go down

Smothered Liver I
Page 1 of 1